Jackpot City Casino
$1600 + 80 Free Spins
80 Free Spins
50 Free Spins
How Do We Rank the Best Casinos in Canada?
If you think about it, you shouldn’t take our word for the top online casinos. You should ask questions about how we came up with the list in the first place. For complete transparency, we’re going to discuss the criteria we use to rank the brands.
- Security: We need to ensure that you’re safe. As part of the process, we evaluate different security features like 3rd party auditors, SSL encryption on the website, certifications from gambling help organizations as well as responsible gambling practices.
- Licensing: Just like driving without a license is illegal, an online casino without an operating is also “technically” illegal. It’s “technically” because there are many unregulated jurisdictions around the world.
- Game Variety: The more the merrier, right? So, we carefully evaluate the game options for Canadian players. The goal is to find a game library that can keep you entertained with variety and high payouts.
- Usability & Compatibility: You may want to play games at Canada’s best online casinos any time and from anywhere. Respecting your wishes, we only list the operators with astounding mobile compatibility and user-friendliness.
- Promotions: Promotions help players switch up the monotonous gaming routine and hopefully make some extra dough on the side.
- Payment Methods: You need real payment methods to play for real money, right? We recommend casinos with the best collection of methods.
- Withdrawal Time: The faster you get your money back from the operator, the better it is for all of us.
- Customer Support: No matter how tech-savvy you are, you might face technical issues with your account. Hence, our recommended operators must boast standard customer service channels.
Top 10 Canadian Online Casinos Based on Our Ranking Factors
It would be unjust to list all the ranking factors and then not give you a few names. That’s why we’ve decided to list the top trusted online casinos in the country. However, we’re not going to go into details for now.
We’re going to list them here and then continue explaining different features, game types, and drawbacks of casinos in general. So, when we finally go into the brief details of the brands, everything will make sense to you.
- Lucky Nugget
- Jackpot City
- Captain Spins
- Jonny Jackpot
Why Do the Players Trust Our Judgement?
That’s a fantastic question you’ve asked there. We also wonder why do people trust our reviews and opinions so much. We’ve managed to narrow down the list to 3 reasons.
We’re the Pinnacle of Transparency
We and our team of writers like to keep things straightforward. The reviews and opinions you read on our platform are mostly facts wrapped in years of observation. We say if we like it, we say if we don’t.
Experience Based Reviews
The reviews you read don’t generate themselves out of thin air. Rather, our team of evaluators spends hours researching before writing the review.
No Bias, Period
Having a bias never lands you where you want to. It goes for everything in life, including online casino games. All of our reviews are written from a completely neutral perspective.
The Overview of iGaming Industry in Canada
As a prospective casino game player, it’s safe to assume that you like the industry. The thought of staking your hard-earned real money for the thrill pleases you. For this very reason, you wouldn’t want to get in trouble for doing something you like, would you?
That’s why you must know about the legislation and regulation of the industry.
It’s primarily because gambling is not equally welcomed throughout the world. Some governments are trying to push new gambling-friendly laws to help with the economy while others are taking turns banning gambling altogether.
The bottom line to what we said so far is that you should be aware of the legality of online casinos in Canada.
Are Online Casinos Legal in Canada?
Local online casinos without a license from one of the Canadian authorities are completely illegal entities. But if you play at them, it’s not illegal. Yet it doesn’t imply you should play at them. It just means that the government never prosecuted any citizen for playing at an iGaming site.
The legislation basically says that offshore gambling sites are open for all Canadian players. If an operator is based in Canada, it must be licensed by the appropriate authority of that province.
So, the bottom line is, you can play at online casinos as much as you want. You as the player are not at any legal risk of prosecution or fines. However, we do recommend not playing at an unlicensed casino at all because it’s yourself you’re putting at risk.
What is the Regulation Scenario in Canada?
Remember we said that local online casinos must be authorized to operate by the appropriate authority? It’s because the laws are different across the provinces.
As of now, the regulatory bodies are located in Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, New Foundland, and Prince Edward Island.
The regulatory bodies in those provinces are:
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Liquor and Gaming Commission of Manitoba
- Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
- Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division Service of Nova Scotia
- Loto Quebec
- Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority
- New Brunswick Gaming Control
- Digital Government and Service NL
- Prince Edward Island Lotteries Commission
Benefits and Drawbacks of Online Casinos in Canada
Needless to say, you’ll experience some awesome benefits from the best online casino websites. At the same time, you’ll find different problems with them. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits and drawbacks very briefly.
|Very convenient as you don’t have to step foot outside your house||The vibrant atmosphere of the casino floor is missing|
|Lots of deposit and no deposit promotions are available||Promotions have wagering requirements and other terms that you must meet|
|The game library consists of hundreds and even thousands of games||Online transactions are at higher risk of interception|
|Better Anti Money Laundering (AML) & payment protection at licensed casinos||An unlicensed online casino can rob you out of your money|
|Lots of payment methods|
Games You Can Play at Best Online Casinos for Canadians
When you open accounts at the best online casinos in Canada, you are most likely there to play the games. The question is, what kind of games can you expect at the safest online casinos? Can they quench your thirst for entertainment?
Let’s find out the most common games you will find at online casinos!
Slots Take the Win
The sheer simplicity and high payouts have made this a prime choice among both beginners and seasoned players. At land-based casino floors, these are machines that look like a mini refrigerator with a lever to pull/a button to push.
On an online casino setting, you get the screen of those machines as your interface. The software providers have gone wild with the themes. As a result, online slots are now far more popular than mechanical slots.
In fact, more than 80% of a casino’s revenue comes from slot games! You can find 3-reel classic slots, 5-reel video slots, 6-reel Megaways slots, jackpot slots, and lots of other sub-types when you go into the online gambling sites in Canada.
The Table Gaming Sensation
What comes to mind when you hear “table games”? It’s obviously the games that you play on a table, right? Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps, Poker, etc. are all considered table games and they’re available across our list of best online casinos.
These games are what we call “RNG” titles. It’s because the games are conducted by an RNG (Random Number Generator) instead of a human dealer. The dealings and the calculations go on in the background while you’ll only see the game interface and the console.
You have to use the console to input your commands. For example, you will find a roulette table on your screen where you have to click on the bets that you want to place.
These are pretty similar to the table games. But you’ll get a real human dealer and real tables on your screen to play the games. So, instead of an animated table, you’ll get the real table and the dealer will put your bets according to the instructions.
These games are streamed live from the software provider’s studios or sometimes directly from casino floors. The technology that made all of this happen is OCR. OCR or Optical Character Recognition can pick up real-life signals and convert them into game data to show results in real-time.
You will find live roulette, live baccarat, live poker, and lots of other titles at the casino gaming sites in Canada.
How Can Players Find the Best Online Casino in Canada?
If you’ve been asking what is the best online casino in Canada for quite some time now, you’d be glad to know that you’ve finally landed on the right spot.
- Pick a Casino from our List: The first step is choosing the best online casinos in Canada. Based on what you know so far, select a brand that goes well with your expectations.
- Read Our Expert Opinions on the Games: Before you jump the gun and start playing immediately, read what our experts have to say about the top ten online casinos.
- Visit the Casino: After you’re done reading what our experts have to say, it’s time for you to go visit the casino website. Look through different pages and see which features you like and which you don’t.
- Complete the Registration and Start Playing: If you’ve played all of our cards right, you should fixate on an operator by now. So, complete the registration process as instructed on-screen, deposit, and start playing.
What are the Best Deposit Methods at Best Canadian Online Casino Sites?
Now that your casino account is ready to roll, you need the right payment method to start the journey, right? Thankfully, Canada is a country swarming with online payment methods and the best online casino for Canadian players welcomes pretty much all of them.
As for the best methods, we recommend using one that you can use for both deposits and withdrawals at old and new online casinos.
For example, prepaid methods like Paysafecard or Neosurf are the easiest to use. You don’t need banking information or authentication for the deposit. However, you won’t be able to withdraw your funds. A credit card from Visa/Mastercard will let you do both.
E-wallets like Skrill, Neteller, EcoPayz, or bank transfer methods like Interac e-Transfer or iDebit are very popular names.
How to Deposit at a Canadian Online Casino?
- Log into your casino account and navigate to the deposit/banking/cashier page. If you haven’t registered yet, now would be the time.
- Select the method you want to use from the list or the dropdown menu.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit. If this is the first time, you will need to enter card numbers or e-wallet credentials to connect the accounts.
- Follow the on-screen instruction when you’re on the payment provider’s portal to authenticate the transaction.
- The money should be instantly credited to your account as online casino deposits in Canada are instant.
What are the Best Withdrawal Methods?
When you send money to the casino’s way, you surely expect some to come back your way. And you need a withdrawal method ready to go when that happens. The most important aspect of selecting a withdrawal method is looking into the withdrawal policy.
It will outline the processing time for different methods, minimum and maximum limits, and any fees you may have to pay to the vendors. In our opinion, e-wallets are the best because you get your money as soon as the casino processing is complete. Your goal should always be the fast withdrawal casinos that we ranked.
How to Withdraw
- Log into your account and make sure you have no wagering requirements left over. Because if you do, you will lose all active bonuses.
- Navigate to the cashier page and select withdrawal. If the method you used for the deposit is suitable for withdrawal, it should be automatically selected.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw. At this point, you will need to verify your account if you still haven’t. We recommend completing the KYC process as soon as your register.
- Wait for the processing to complete. It depends on the operator. But you can expect it to happen between 24 hours to 72 hours.
Details of the Best Canadian Casinos
Remember the legit and best Canada casino online we listed in a previous section? In this section, we’re going to cover some of the details on these brands based on the things we’ve discussed so far.
With a mesmerizing welcome bonus of up to C$1,500, Casoola Casino Canada welcomes you on a very secure platform. The operator is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority and the Gambling Commission in the UK. The reason it made the top position on our list is the payment methods!
Casoola has one of the longest casino payment method lists we’ve seen. You get plenty of credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, e-wallets, and bank transfer methods. You also get very generous limits for deposits and withdrawals at this casino.
Popularly known as Casino Friday, it’s one of the best Canadian online casinos in our opinion. The generous C$500 along with 200 free spins welcome bonus, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission license, and the massive library of games has compelled us to love this brand. The impeccable compatibility is definitely a plus!
You get to play all types of themed video slots, some of the top live dealer titles, and lots of video poker games at this casino. The only thing that bummed us out is the limited payment methods. On the bright side, you can deposit and withdraw in Bitcoin!
Mr. Green is not only a popular figure in Canada but also across the world. It’s a place where veteran casino players want to be. It’s licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority which makes it an offshore operator in the country.
Mr. Green offers a massive C$1,200 and 200 free spins in welcome bonus along with loads of casino games, perfectly categorized to your needs.
In fact, its services don’t stop at casino games! You’ll also find a full-fledged sportsbook on the Mr. Green website! You can pay the casino with Visa, Mastercard, Paysafecard, and Interac.
With more than 2,000 online casino games to choose from, Casumo is no less than a game-heaven for enthusiasts. The library is packed with slots from the top providers around the world, table games, and live dealer casino games with the most professional and stunning dealers. You can play the games directly from the website or download the Android mobile app if you want!
To back up all the claims Casumo makes on the website, it lists all the awards it has won since 2013. You can check out the list by yourself and it’s quite a long list!
If you have a thing for reading up information regarding an online casino, you’ll fall in love with Lucky Nugget Casino instantly. Although the website looks a bit dated, it doesn’t feel old in terms of functionality at all. You get an excellent library of promotions, a massive FAQ to help you navigate the waters, 3rd party audits from eCOGRA and the license from Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
Along with all of these features, you get to play the most popular casino games in Canada. Interestingly, there’s a tab for mobile casino and all mobile-optimized games are listed there.
At Zodiac, you get to start your journey with a unique promotion where you can win a million-dollar jackpot for just $1! And you get 80 chances to do it! To be honest, we didn’t like the website that much because it looks old.
However, the game selection at this Canadian online casino is one of the best in its class. You can pick between slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker, and some of the finest jackpot slots in the country.
PlayOJO is a very reliable name among Canadian players. It’s properly licensed and regulated in the provinces it operates. An interesting fact about this operator is that it doesn’t have any type of wagering requirements!
It’s because there are no promotions to begin with. The operator believes in absolute fairness and so it doesn’t want you to struggle with wagering. You get free spins when you sign and the winnings are yours to keep. No questions asked!
You can play over 3,000 top casino games including slots, table games, and live games. The platform is very much optimized for desktop and mobile devices.
At the time of writing, JackpotCity is a household casino brand in Canada. And it’s nothing new. The operator has been dominating the industry since its inception. The moment you navigate to the website, the massive C$1,600 will blow your mind. You’ll also see the total jackpot payout right underneath. The value is jaw-dropping as well.
You can start playing to your heart’s content for just C$10. There are more than 500 games titles handpicked by the operator from the best software providers. Prominent payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, Neteller, Trustly, Interac, iDebit, and Skrill are present to carry out your deposits and withdrawals. What more could you want!
If you’re a fan of welcome offers, your journey with Captain Spins will start on a very pleasing note. The operator is currently offering C$1,200 along with 260 free spins! The theme of the casino website is very futuristic which makes it quite interesting among the bunch.
The games at this casino are very nicely categorized between live dealers, table games, slots, popular games, instant wins, and jackpots. You can use the search engine to find the title you’re looking for. Payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Interac Online, MuchBetter, and Apple pay await you!
Thanks to only a C$10 minimum deposit and one of the largest portfolios of software providers, it’s safe to assume that you’ll have a wonderful time with Jonny Jackpot. Names like NetEnt, RabCat, Microgaming, Yggdrasil, etc. are responsible for supplying the games.
The operator is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission as well as the Malta Gaming Authority to ensure your safety. It also offers safe payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, MuchBetter, Apple Pay, Neteller, etc. to seamlessly take care of your transactions.
Responsible Gambling at Online Casinos
When playing at iGaming websites, it’s extremely important that you know your limits and play responsibly. It starts with you knowing how to incorporate safe gambling practices into your routine. There are three major organizations in Canada helping players just do that.
Packed with tools like quizzes, self-help interactive exercises, monitoring, and a community forum, this organization is by far your best friend.
The Canadian Problem Gambling Certification Board is a non-profit agency to help Canadian problem gambling with counselling services since 1998.
- Are online casinos safe for playing games?
- As long as you’re playing at a licensed operator’s website, it’s completely safe. You should always verify the license and check other security parameters discussed in this guide before signing up. And of course, don’t forget to educate yourself on responsible gambling.
- Is it legal for online casinos to operate in Canada?
- It’s completely legal for offshore iGaming establishments. For local sites, they must be regulated by the appropriate local authority. As for the players, it’s legal to play at both kinds of operators.
- Are casino gaming sites fair?
- The licensed operators are proven fair by the authority. The aspects are also evaluated regularly to monitor any unfair practices. But if you play at an unregulated website, no one can guarantee fairness.
- Do players have to pay taxes on the winnings?
- In general, the winnings you generate from casino games are tax-free. However, if it’s considered your profession and involves your skills, you’ll need to declare the winnings as taxable income.
- Which is the best online casino site in the country?
- Although the “best” will vary from player to player based on the features and functionalities, we have to go with JackpotCity Casino. It’s one of the most balanced and feature-rich operators in our opinion.
- When should I play at online casinos?
- If you have enough money to spare for gambling expenses and enough time on your hand, that would be the best time to play online casinos.