Best Online Casino Payment Methods in Canada
70 Free Spins for $1 +C$1000 Bonus
C$500 + 200 Free Spins
80 Free Spins for С$1
C$1000 + 100 Free Spins
80 FS for $1 +C$1600 Bonus
50 No Wager Free Spins
C$750 + 105 Free Spins
C$5000 + 300 Free Spins
C$1000 + 150 Free Spins
Online Casino Payment Methods: Top Casinos in Canada
If you’re a Canadian player who prefers gambling with real money, you’ll find this page very helpful. Wagering Advisors team informs you of the most popular online casino payment methods and tells you which payment gateway can be used for depositing or withdrawals. Discover our guide to the best casino payment methods available in Canada.
Here is a list of some of the top online casinos that offer popular banking methods to Canadian gamblers.
- 888 Casino – Interac, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Visa
- BetVictor – EntroPay, Interac, Mastercard, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill
- Casumo – Bank Transfer, EntroPay, Interac, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Visa
- Jackpot City – ApplePay, Interac, Mastercard, MuchBetter, Paysafecard, Visa
- LeoVegas – Interac, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Visa
- PlayOJO – ApplePay, Interac, Mastercard, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Visa
- Royal Panda – Interac, Maestro, MuchBetter, Neteller, Paysafecard, Payz, Trustly, Visa Electron, Zimpler
- Slots Magic – ApplePay, Bank Transfer, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Visa, Zimpler
- Wildz – Bank Transfer, Interac, Maestro, Mastercard, MuchBetter, Paysafecard, Payz, Visa
This is just a small sample of online casinos Canadian players use that offer leading casino payment options.
Popular Online Casino Payment Methods for Canadian Gamblers
Playing free games in demo mode can hardly be called gambling. You don’t bet anything, and you can’t win anything either – even when you land winning lines. It’s a good way of familiarising yourself with a new game before you dip into your own pocket, but that’s about it.
The excitement and fun starts when you begin playing with and for real money, and that’s when choosing the right casino payment method really counts.
There are many payment methods to choose from. They include bank transfers, cryptocurrencies, eBanking, eWallets, and Prepaid cards. We will explain them all, but at the end of the day, you, and only you, can decide the best payment method for online casinos you prefer.
Important Things to Consider When Selecting Casino Payment Methods
The most important thing to consider is safety – both player safety and transaction safety. Next comes transaction speed. Most casino payment method options facilitate immediate deposits, but when it comes to withdrawals, transaction times can vary considerably.
The other thing you need to keep an eye open for is fees. Again, they can vary significantly from provider to provider. Some charge nothing, while others charge annual fees and transaction fees.
Then, of course, there is convenience. Some Canadian gamblers prefer to move money via a system they already have. Credit cards like Mastercard and Visa are very popular, but are they the best?
That’s why we at Wagering Advisors have created this page. So, you can plainly see which payment methods for online casinos in Canada suit you best.
The Best Online Casino Payment Systems for Canadians
Let us now take a closer, in-depth look at what we consider to be the best payment methods for online casinos in Canada.
The Interac Casino Payment Method
The Interac casino payment method is a digital payment solution that is available exclusively to Canadians. It provides a quick and convenient way for depositing money into your preferred casino account and comes with an added assurance that your money and your personal data are safe and secure.
All you have to do is link Interac to your personal bank account, and it will take care of the rest. Interac works with more than 250 financial institutions, so it’s pretty likely you’ll be able to find your bank amongst those with which it partners.
Once you’ve established the link, all that is left to do is select Interac as your preferred banking method on the casino of your choice, and once you’ve confirmed your deposit, it will appear in your player account within 30 minutes maximum.
The minimum deposit transaction value is C$5; the maximum is C$20,000. The daily max is C$3,000, and the weekly is C$10,000. The maximum number of deposits you can make within 24 hours is 50.
Withdrawing via Interac takes between 24 to 48 hours. There are no fees involved.
Note from Wagering Advisors: discover all the best online casinos that accept Interac payments on our website.
The Instadebit Casino Payment Method
Instadebit works as a digital carrying service between your personal bank account and your chosen casino. Once you have opened an Instadebit account and the details you enter in your casino player account agree, deposits can be made directly, quickly and easily.
Instadebit is one of the fastest and most secure ways of depositing money at an online casino. They accept players from all over Canada and do not charge any fees for their services.
Not all Canadian gamblers think Instadebit is the best banking option for online casinos because some casinos will not let you use it for making withdrawals. Check with your chosen casino before choosing this payment method.
Note from Wagering Advisors: discover all the best online casinos that accept Instadebit payments on our website.
The PayPal Casino Payment Method
PayPal is an extremely popular electronic payment system. Once you link it to your bank account, you can move money anywhere in the world quickly and easily. The one slight disadvantage with using PayPal for making deposits is that they do charge a small fee.
However, not many Canadian casinos work with PayPal because the Canadian government does not allow it. Some players get around it by moving money through PayPal and buying crypto. When it comes to making withdrawals, these too can be made using crypto, and Canadian gamblers can then change the crypto in their crypto account to CAD.
However, you do need to be aware of exchange rates as if they go the wrong way (crypto is notoriously volatile), you could find yourself out of pocket. That is why we here at Wagering Advisors wouldn’t recommend PayPal/Crypto as the best banking option for online casinos.
Note from Wagering Advisors: discover all the best online casinos that accept PayPal deposits on our website.
The Pay by Phone Casino Payment Method
If you use your mobile for your online gambling activities, then you might choose pay by phone as your best banking option for online casinos. Payforit is a payment brand that allows you to make deposits, which then get added to your monthly phone bill.
Zimpler is another brand, but rather than using your mobile phone bill, it allows you to take money from your nominated bank account just using your mobile number, which some of you might find useful if you’re a Canadian gambler who doesn’t want their bank to know what the deposit money is for.
The only thing to be aware of with both Payforit and Zimpler is that you cannot use them for withdrawals.
Note from Wagering Advisors: discover all the best online casinos that accept phone bill payments on our website.
The Paysafecard Casino Payment Method
The Paysafecard casino payment method is a favourite with many Canadians because of its simplicity and its inbuilt security. When you buy the card from the vendor, it has a unique Paysafe code printed on it. You use this code when you want to use the card to make a deposit, and the transaction is completely anonymous. Your name and bank details don’t appear anywhere as far as the transaction itself is concerned. Also, there are no fees involved.
The only drawback with Paysafecards is that they cannot be used for making withdrawals.
Note from Wagering Advisors: discover all the best online casinos that accept Paysafecard deposits on our website.
The Trustly Casino Payment Method
Trustly is fast becoming one of the most used payment providers for online casinos in Canada thanks to the fast, secure transactions they facilitate. Using Trustly as the go-between between your bank and casino, you can make instant deposits and withdrawals. When making withdrawals, however, you do need to take the casino’s processing time into account.
Note from Wagering Advisors: discover all the best online casinos that accept Trustly deposits on our website.
The AstroPay Casino Payment Method
Many of Canada’s top online casinos offer AstroPay as one of their banking methods. It’s because they not only offer an eWallet, but they also offer a range of prepaid cards. It is fee-free unless you use a credit card or check to top up your wallet, in which case there is a 0.5% fee.
AstroPay security is excellent. It is a British-based company licensed and regulated by the FCA and uses state-of-the-art encryption.
Quick Comparison of Some of the Best Online Casino Payment Options
|Brand||Type||Deposit Speed||Withdrawal speed||Fees|
|AstroPay||eWallet/Prepaid||Immediate||3 to 4 days||No|
|Bank Transfer||Bank||30 minutes||5 to 7 days||No|
|Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron||Credit and Debit Cards||Immediate||2 to 3 days||Yes|
|PayPal||Via Crypto Wallet||Immediate||0 – 24 hours||Yes|
|Payforit and Zimpler||Pay by Phone||Immediate||0 – 48 hours||No|
Online Casino Payments: Concluding Thoughts
Selecting the best payment method for online casinos you intend to use is important. It can make your gambling experience more pleasurable by ensuring you can make immediate deposits and get hold of any winnings you make with as little delay as possible.
Using the same payment method for both making deposits and withdrawals makes things easier, and as far as quick withdrawal transaction times, using crypto or eWallets usually works best.
We here at Wagering Advisors hope that you find this page on the best payment providers in Canada useful and that it helps to ensure you enjoy trouble-free online gambling.
More Frequently Asked Questions on the Casino Payments
- How can I check if a payment method is safe?
- You can always go to a payment provider's website and check out what safety protocols they have in place. The easiest way to check, though, is to use this Wagering Advisors online casino payment method review.
- Do online casinos in Canada charge fees for certain payment methods?
- Some do and some don’t. You can use our Wagering Advisors online casino payment method review for advice or check the payment methods and terms and conditions pages of the website you are considering using.
- How long is the transaction time on withdrawals?
- It varies on which payment method you select and which casino. Some casinos offer instant withdrawals; some have an average of 1 to 3 days, but in some cases (like making withdrawals using bank transfers), it can take up to 5 to 7 working days.
- Do some payment methods have restrictions at certain online casinos in Canada?
- Yes. Some payment methods can only be used for depositing, and some casinos only accept nominated payment methods for bonuses and promotions.
- Which payment methods are fastest?
- The fastest payment methods tend to be crypto and eWallets.
- Do online casinos in Canada accept credit and debit cards?
- Yes, nearly all online casinos accept credit and debit cards. The ones that don't tend to be crypto-only casinos.
- Are there any limits imposed on the amounts I can deposit or withdraw?
- Yes, the majority of online casino and payment system providers have transaction limits. The most common limit is a minimum deposit, which is typically 10 CAD, but limits vary, especially on withdrawals. It's best to check a casino's T&Cs before signing up.
- Is it okay to use different payment systems for depositing and withdrawing?
- You can, but we here at Wagering Advisors don't recommend it. Although you can withdraw using a different payment method from the one you used to deposit, you will have to agree to it with the casino’s customer support team, and it will add length to the transaction process.
- Does using certain payment methods entitle me to any special bonuses or promotions?
- Yes, they can do it. However, it all depends on the various casinos and payment providers agreeing to a deal. You can keep up to date with any special bonuses like these by bookmarking the Wagering Advisors website and visiting us regularly.
- What do I do if I have disputes or payment problems with an online casino in Canada?
- If you have a dispute of any kind, you should get in touch with the casino’s customer support team.